Orthopedic Surgery for Cats and Dogs in Plano, TX and Surrounding Areas
Our veterinarians at Humane Animal Medical & Surgical Hospital in Plano perform pet orthopedic surgery on a regular basis. We offer advanced surgical tools, a dedicated surgery suite, and digital X-ray to help us diagnose and understand our patients' orthopedic problems. This makes us very well-equipped to help you manage your pet’s orthopedic condition. Call us at (972) 578-2553 to schedule an appointment today.
Why Do Pets Need Orthopedic Surgery?
Certain orthopedic problems such as arthritis, sprains, and strains can be managed without the need for surgery. However, complex problems like broken bones, dislocated joints, and torn ligaments may require surgery to improve your pet’s quality of life. Decreased mobility and chronic pain can be harmful to your pet’s physical and mental health and shorten their lifespan. With surgery, we can give you and your pet more time together.
If your pet is living with a painful acute or chronic condition that limits their mobility, contact us for a consultation today.
Ensuring Safety for Your Pet
At Humane Animal Hospital, we’re proud of our reputation for making surgery extremely safe for our patients, including brachycephalic (flat-faced) breeds such as English Bulldogs, French Bulldogs, Pugs, and Persian cats. Since we can also treat various birds, small mammals, and exotic species, we're consistently able to meet our patients’ diverse needs.
- Pre-surgical exams and blood work (recommended)
- Anesthesia, pain medication, and antibiotics that are measured according to your pet’s size and weight
- IV fluids to support blood pressure
- Complete pain management
- Continuous monitoring of vitals by an experienced technician
- Warm blankets and a heated table to maintain healthy body temperature
- Laser therapy and acupuncture after surgery to further reduce pain and inflammation and increase healing
Our Innovative Surgical Laser
We highly recommend laser surgery for all of our patients, because it has several advantages over traditional surgery:
- The surgical laser “vaporizes” tissue instead of cutting, which means there will be less bruising and damage to surrounding tissue.
- Our doctors can be much more precise with the laser and make smaller incisions.
- The laser also instantly seals blood vessels and nerve endings, resulting in less pain and less bleeding.
- Reduces swelling after surgery and with less pain, your pet will recover faster.
Surgeries Our Doctors Can Perform
- Internal and external fixation for fractures and dislocations
- Cranial cruciate ligament repair
- Knee repair
- Patellar luxation
- ...and more
Do you have questions? Please reach out and we'll do our best to help! Call us at (972) 578-2553